Friday, January 4, 2008

Made in China Product

2 weeks back, one of my staff bought a cheap (less then RM10) made in China solar powered calculator for the office. Sad to say 2 weeks later it died on us. She even tried putting the calculator under the sunlight for an hour but to no avail the calculator did not come back to life.

Since it was not a very busy day at work, the little kid in me decided to have a closer look at the calculator since we would be throwing it away anyway.

And guess what??

Removed all 4 screws at the back and investigated closer

I smell something fishy here

Damn.... what happen to the solar panel?


Now this is something totally not what I expected. I know cheap made in China goods would be of low quality (after all the cost reflects the quality that you get). BUT what I do not expect is them pulling a fast one. I was actually expecting a faulty wiring or something but to not have a solar panel at all... now that's naughty!


So next time your made in China product died on you maybe its a good idea to snoop around. You might find something interesting!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

lol.. hehe...

S said...

Hehe... I only went to China once, that was when I went to Hong Kong and then spent a day in Shen Zhen. To think bout it, I didn't really buy anything! I was just in standard 6 so I had not much pocket money and nothing much interested me. Hehe... Now i regret..

Chee Hoe said...

Kelly,
Hey, Thx for dropping by :)

Flying Fish,
Never been to china or Hong Kong. Really want to go there someday. Somehow just never got the timing right.

啊喵 said...

hahahahahhaha....
btw, u should know the "longest life" of tat thing before buy it....but sometimes have to depend...seems u r have bad luck...hehehhee...
buy another 1 lah, fren....

Chee Hoe said...

Mandy,
Will be buying not one but TWO this time... haha

Apple said...

LOL, so such things really do happen...My bf bought me a RM5 made in China calculator few months ago, and glad it's still working fine.

Chee Hoe said...

Haha, yeah i was unfortunate. Might go back to the shop and complain actually.

Anonymous said...

cherrr RM10 isnt' cheap! this model only costs less than HK$10 hahaahahhahhah!!!!!

Chee Hoe said...

That cheap? Ok... next time you buy me a few then =))

Keep recording new songs and send them to me ya!

Seizhin said...

haha, no wonder putting the calculator in the sunlight didnt work.
There's no solar cell in it.

Chee Hoe said...

Seizhin,
Yeah.. what a con job!

amei79 said...

WalauA, china guys are smart...they most people like cheap stuffs & easy to be cheated...lolz

Chee Hoe said...

amei,
Yeah... so beware of china made goods.. haha