Saturday, January 26, 2008

Mind Your Language

I attended the much anticipated Remark lens technical seminar at the Herigate Hotel, Ipoh. Anticipated because I do personally think that this may be the future for us 4 eyed blogger that spend hours in front of the computer and complaining how tired we are at the end of the day.

There was only a small group of us in the seminar (less then 20 - just shows why people nowadays dispense crappy glasses, no one is bothered to get themselves updated with new product knowledge). I was a bit disappointed as the key speaker was not the usual Dr from Indonesia that the company normally use for such seminars. Instead, we met this big bellied Chinese guy instead. He is the GM for their Malaysian subsidiary company.

This was his opening sentence.

"Good Morning, I am xxx. Today I shall introduce you to the new age anti FADIGUE ASEHERIGOL lens that would LELAX your eyes for any visual task. Its INDIVIDOL lens design is a great EXAMBLE of how far we have advanced in lens design"

For those that do not understand the words in caps here is the rundown

Fadigue - Fatigue
Aseherigol - Aspherical
Lelax - Relax
Individol - Individual
Examble - Example

I nearly laughed out loud when I heard that statement. Imagine, a GM of a multinational company having an Indian/Chinese English accent. For me that's really puzzling. The company deals with English speaking clients on a daily basis and they got a GM that speaks such level of English.

*shakes head*

No comments: