Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Dad and Oatmeal

*This is actually an old draft that I manage to salvage*

Been babysitting dad for the past few days since mom have left for Kuching to visit some friends. It then dawned on me how husbands of the older generation, are so dependent on their wives.

Last Sunday I saw my dad fiddling around at the kitchen. I later realised he was trying to make himself a bowl of oatmeal. We have been trying to put dad on a low sodium diet so we have introduced the wonders of oatmeal to him. Anyway here was my dad trying to figure out how much milk to put on his oatmeal and the minutes needed to microwave it. It really gave me a chuckle when i saw it. Of course I volunteered to make his oatmeal for him but to my amazement he refused. So there i was watching my dad frantically trying to make himself a bowl of oatmeal for almost 15 minutes.I gave suggestions along the way but it was a pretty amusing situation. At the end of it all, my dad grumbled on how the taste was different with what he normally had but still ate the bowl clean. I guess he was pretty hungry.

So to the guys out there. Cherish your loved one's but don't let them do all the work or you'll end up like my dad struggling when the wife is not around.

2 comments:

miss critical said...

hahaha... i'll remember to tell my mom about it too...

Chee Hoe said...

Yeah, we man can't live without our woman :)