Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Remark (Some info for the 4 eyed)


This may be a boring technical post completely relating to my work. Nevertheless I have had enquiries from a few of my friends when I told them that there is a new product coming out for many of us computer freaks that face the PC for more then 6 hrs daily. So instead of repeating what I said over and over, I have decided to blog it out.

As we know, our eyes tend to get super tired after hours upon hours staring at the dumb LCD monitor. Thats because our eyes tend to accomodate to the near work task that we are looking at. After many hours, the muscles in our eyes will start getting fatigue and we end up with various symptoms ranging from tired eyes, sting or burn, headaches, blurred vision and so on.

2 lens manufacturer has introduced a first of its kind single vision lenses to tackle this problem. About 3 weeks ago, one of the company has introduced this lens to the Malaysian market. Its called Remark, a new generation single vision lenses in which in addition to the standard visual correction has anti fatigue properties. This lens is purely targeted for the 20 yrs old to 40 yrs old segment. The lens is selling very well in Japan and was only introduced to the Asian market a few month ago. So most of my attempt on Google to search for extra detail failed so apart from product brochure that I have with me right now, there is no other extra information regarding it (unless you can read Japanese).

Anyway to put it simply, Remark lenses are designed to cater to your eyes movement - IN ALL DIRECTIONS. With its horizontal and vertical asymmetry and vertical aspheric design, it gives you a clear, comfortable and relaxed vision in all direction and distances. It also supports your eye muscle by reducing the strain needed to maintain a good focus for near. Theoretically, if you are already wearing glasses you should feel the difference straight away and there is no need to learn how to use the lens.

So far, I have been quite impressed with the technical details given, nevertheless there are still some reservations on my part on this lens due to many factors. So I will not fully recommend this lens until I have tested them out myself. Will be ordering one for my own use soon.

More info to come in the coming weeks.


No comments: